Use the Buttons Below to review Appointment Prep info before your In-Clinic or TeleRehab (Virtual) Appointment At Collegiate Sports Medicine
If you aren’t sure if your appointment is In-Clinic or Virtual please contact your clinic
As Collegiate Sports Medicine has supplied adequate time, staffing, and resources for your appointment we require 24 hours’ notice to reschedule or cancel.
- If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice you will be charged 50% of your appointment fee.
- If you cancel with less than 2 hours notice or miss your appointment you will be charged 100% of your appointment fee.
- If you are sick: It is unlikely that you became ill right at your appointment time and therefore should be able to give us some notice. Please call us as soon as you can to allow us to fill your appointment time.
- give less than 2 hours’ notice you will be charged 50% of your appointment fee.
- for first appointments of the day where 2 hours may not be possible give as much notice as you can.
- Same-day appointments: Please be aware that when booking an appointment on the same day, it is considered set and the cancellation policy will apply.
- We are sympathetic to unforeseen circumstances & charges will be waived due to circumstances such as weather/road conditions, family/medical emergencies.
- We will address special cases on an individual basis.
One occurrence will require collateral to be left on file (or prepayment) to book.
Continual occurrences may cause you to lose booking privileges entirely.
- No-Show charges cannot be billed to insurance providers.
- For Motor Vehicle Claims & disability/return to work clients, we are obligated to inform your claims adjuster of any missed treatment sessions & you are obligated to pay any no-show fees.
If you show up late to your appointment, your practitioner will do their best to see you in the remainder of your allotted time, and a full fee will apply.
PAYMENT: Per the client agreement, if collateral is on file this charge will be put through at the end of the day. If the collateral is not on file to take this payment, you will be contacted to settle the account & this must be settled prior to further bookings. Any appointments already booked will be cancelled until the account is settled.
In-Clinic Prep (Red Deer & Olds)
What to Expect for Your In-Clinic Appointment
- Masking is up to you. Our team may continue wearing masks, if you would prefer your practitioner wear a mask please let us know, they have no problem making sure you are comfortable with your appointment.
- Ensure you have completed all intake forms & paperwork online prior to your appointment.
- Appts are 1-on-1 time with your practitioner – If you are late for your appointment, we will be unable to extend your appointment length.
- Our cancellation policy requires 24 hours notice. We are sympathetic to unforeseen circumstances & charges will be waived due to circumstances such as weather/road conditions, family/medical emergencies.
- If you are sick call us to reschedule as soon as possible or we can change it to a virtual appointment.
- Click here to read our full cancellation policy
- If bringing young children with you to your appointment, it is your responsibility to keep them near you during your session. For liability and safety reasons, your child(ren) cannot be playing on or near any of the therapy machines or exercise equipment. There is a chance of damage to equipment or injury to your child(ren).
- Red Deer Downtown: there is free client parking in front & to the east side of the building (the west side is a pay-for-parking city lot)
- Red Deer Campus: there is free client parking (5 spots) in the front closest to the front door – register your license plate with reception, any other spots in the lot are pay parking from 8am-5pm.
- Olds: there is free client parking in front of the building
- Wear/bring comfortable clothing that you can move in & that allows the practitioner to access the injured area (Shorts for lower body / tank top for upper body)
- Remove your shoes when you enter the clinic & check in at the front desk.
Telerehab (Virtual Appointment) Prep
What you’ll need:
- TeleRehab is best experienced on a computer or laptop with a webcam. Use Google Chrome or Firefox browser (not Safari, Microsoft Edge, etc)
- A Tablet & /or Smartphone work as well they just have smaller screens for interaction with your therapist –
- You will asked to download an app if you are using a smartphone (follow instructions in your appointment reminder or given to you by reception
- Good internet connection: Check your connection at fast.com. You will want a speed of at least 15Mbps. Lower speeds have worked but if the video doesn’t work we may need to move to a phone appointment.
- A quiet space with no distractions around you (eg. Stereo, television, people, etc)
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move in & that allows the practitioner to see the injured area (Shorts for lower body / tank top for upper body)
- Be in a space where you have room to move around a bit
- You may be given exercises/stretches to try (consider an area where you can do a lunge or laydown on the floor)
What to Expect at your Appointment:
- You will either get an Email from Collegiate with a notice that your Appointment is about to start & it will have a ‘Begin Appointment button’
- Using a computer/laptop,
- Use the button or link in the email
- Using Tablet/Phone
- Download the free Jane App from “App Store” or Google “Play Store” as described by Reception or when you open the link
- Using a computer/laptop,
- Wait on screen for your practitioner
- If you aren’t contacted or are disconnected wait 1-3 minutes for your practitioner to contact you
- If you aren’t contacted please call your clinic, see numbers below
If you Appointment shows JANE Telerehab, use this troubleshooting guide