- are in need of return to work planning
- work modification suggestions
- legal interpretation of the impact of injury and/or recommendations regarding ongoing rehabilitation
What Sets Us Apart
At Collegiate Sports Medicine we have a collaborative approach to our Return to Work Programs & Functional Capacity Evaluations. We have a team of Athletic Therapists, Physiotherapists and Kinesiologists working together to gain insight into each client’s injury and the effect it has had on them.
- Our Return to Work Programs are created specifically for each individual client & mimic a typical work day.
- Our FCE’s go beyond assessing function and ascertain the reasons for the functional limitation.
“We have a team of Athletic therapists, Physiotherapists & Kinesiologists working together to gain insight into each client’s injury and the effect it has had on them.”
What is a Return to Work Program?
For Your Appointment
- Wear comfortable clothes: bring running shoes, wear shorts and a t-shirt and any adaptive aids (eg. knee brace) currently used.
- Do not change medical regimen prior to testing.
- No caffeine or cigarettes one hour prior to testing.
- Bring a light snack and water bottle as testing will go for 3 hours.
For more information or to schedule a program please contact us using the below form and we will get back to you within 1 business day. Or call the clinic and ask to speak to our Disability Management Coordinator. 403-314-4458 (ext. 3)
What Is A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)?
What is Included:
Our FCE & Workplace Evaluations Available in Red Deer
What You Can Expect:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling capacity.
- Reaching, handling and fine motor manipulation.
- Hand strength and dexterity.
- Medium and fine motor dexterity.
- Climbing and balancing.
- Sitting, standing and walking.
- Work in various awkward body postures (stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending).