The Therapeutic Massage Therapists at Collegiate Sports Medicine can help solve a variety of ailments. Specialized techniques can help you recover from an injury (sports or non sports related), recuperate during post surgery, relieve pain, treat consistent pain, reduce stress, increase relaxation, and even address anxiety and depression.
Our Team at Collegiate Sports Medicine offers a variety of techniques to aid in your recovery. In fact, Collegiate Sports Medicine is the only clinic in Red Deer offering some of these techniques.
What Sets Us Apart
Our Massage Therapists use techniques to help improve circulation, neutralize muscular tension, relieve pain, reduce stress and promote health and well-being. The greatest benefit comes from prevention. Through a combination of massage and stretching techniques, a Massage Therapist can enhance the training and performance of athletes and the comfort and health of everyone. Because massage therapy directly influences muscle tissue, it has the ability to keep muscles flexible and reduces formation of fibrotic tissue, thus avoiding the negative effects you may get from muscle tightness.
- Our Massage Therapists will provide you with home program stretches to help facilitate their treatments
- The home program includes working with you to find an effective, sustainable self-care strategy to help achieve/maintain your treatment goals
- Our Massage Therapists Collaborate with other Collegiate Practitioners, such as Physiotherapists or Athletic Therapists, as needed to direct your treatment
- All of our Massage Therapists have 2200 hrs or more accredited program hours
Your appointment starts at the booked time, so it’s recommended to arrive early for paperwork, etc so you can spend the entire allotted time with your Massage Therapist.
Techniques Available Include:
- Therapeutic or Deep Tissue Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Fascial Stretch Therapy
- Myofascial Cupping
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Rapid Adhesion Release Technique
- Muscle Energy
- Taping for Dysfunction
Many musculoskeletal injuries can be treated and prevented with massage. Regular massage helps achieve a feeling of physical and emotional well-being; This results in maintaining ideal health.
“Anyone who routinely pushes their physical limits or is involved in repetitive activities, from Athletes to Receptionists, will benefit from Massage Therapy.”