Sports Psychology Alberta
What Sets Us Apart
- Collegiate is the only sport medicine clinic in Red Deer providing Sport Psychology Consulting.
- Provide tools and techniques for you to mentally prepare for anything from injury rehabilitation to sport performance enhancement.
What You Can Expect
Consultations last 55 minutes and are used to explore the reason you are booking, to advise consultant of issue and what is going on, and offer solutions and agree on an action plan.
You will be give suggestions to go try over the next 7-14 days.
For many clients, 1 to 3 sessions are all that is needed to address each concern.
The Appointment Includes:
- Questions asked to explore the triggers that may be causing psychological blocks to your performance.
- Honesty regarding your skills and performance you wish assistance with
- Education and instruction on the use of psychological skills training skills (e.g. goal setting, imagery, energy management, self talk) effectively during performance situations
- Counseling of any kind may bring concerns/issues to the forefront that need referral or addressing through additional therapy modes.
Who Can Benefit from Sport Psychology?
Applied sport and exercise psychology consists of instructing athletes, coaches, teams, exercisers, parents, fitness professionals, groups and other performers on the psychological aspects of their sport or activity. The goal of applied practice is to optimize performance and enjoyment through the use of psychology of performance skills and assessment. In addition, applied sport psychology may include work with athletes, coaches, and parents regarding injury, rehabilitation, communication, team building, and career transitions.