A Chiropractor is trained to treat a variety of conditions that range from acute to chronic. Our Chiropractor has a special interest in Human Biomechanics and Sports Injury Rehabilitation. Here are common conditions treated by a Chiropractor:
- Sport Injuries
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Headaches And Migraines
- Hip Pain And Dysfunction
- Shoulder Pain And Dysfunction
- Whiplash And Auto Accident Injuries
- Strains And Sprains
- Gait Assessment And Analysis
- General Health And Well Being
- Nutrition, Therapeutic Exercise, Lifestyle And Ergonomic Counselling And Recommendations
Chiropractic Adjustment is….
A Chiropractic adjustment is one of the main tools used by a practitioner to treat a client. An Adjustment is a procedure in which a joint is taken to its end range of motion and a fast-deliberate thrust is put into the joint causing it to release which may or may not result in an audible pop. The goal of this procedure is to improve range of motion, decrease pain and improve your body’s physical function. An adjustment can be performed on both Spinal and Extremity joints.
3 Phases of Chiropractic Care
- Relief Care – This phase often begins with you presenting for treatment in pain from a recent injury or a chronic condition. Your complaint is analyzed through a detailed history and physical exam to help pinpoint your complaint and direct us to an individualized care approach though Chiropractic Adjustments, Soft tissue therapy and corrective exercise. The goals will be a combination of reducing inflammation, relieving pain & restoring normal range of motion.
- Recovery Care, or rehabilitative care – Once progress has been made we reassess your current care plan and begin to make changes in the plan to help increase your body’s function and reinforce proper movement patterns, working to correct health issues that are contributing to chronic pain conditions. Visit frequency may begin to decrease as more home exercises and stretches are introduced to aid in achieving lasting correction, resulting in improved quality of life and health.
- Maintenance Care (ongoing as needed care) – Once significant progress has been made ongoing care is recommended to help your body continue to recover from work, sports, and life’s aches and pains, prevent injuries & enhance performance. Some people refer to this phase as the preventative phase of chiropractic care.
Assessment: A detailed history and physical exam is performed to determine what exactly is causing your complaint. An individualized treatment plan is then put in place centered around your goals to get you back to the things you love!
Treatment: Our treatment is centered around relieving pain, restoring motion and improving your body’s function. This is accomplished through a combination of Chiropractic Adjustments, Soft tissue Therapy’s, proper education and corrective exercise. Other treatment options include:
- Diversified Chiropractic Adjustments
- IASTM (Instrument Aided Soft Tissue Manipulation)
- SFMA (Selective Functional Movement Assessment)
- Functional Neurology
- Concussion & Vestibular Rehab
- Myofascial Release
- Mobility Training
- Sports Rehabilitation
Reassessment: After the treatment we reassess the area of complaint which helps move towards improving your body’s overall function!
What Sets Us Apart
Client Education – We provide anatomy & injury education with anatomical models and pamphlets and outline your recovery and care plan.
Home Programs – Recovery doesn’t stop when each session is over. We provide individualized, injury-specific rehab programs to help facilitate a quicker and more effective recovery.
Hybrid Methodology – Our Chiropractors combine the best of both contemporary and traditional treatment techniques to suit your needs.
Hands-on Treatment – Our Chiropractors use manual therapy, including adjustments, mobilization and a variety of soft tissue techniques.
What You Can Expect
Orthopedic and Functional Assessment
This is where we gather information about an injury or chronic pain to develop a clinical impression of what the injury is.
Your Chiropractor will ask a series of directed questions to develop a mechanism of injury and to get a general idea of what body part has been injured. General health care, work and/or sport related questions will also be included.
Your Chiropractor will observe you in a normal standing posture to gather visual cues about any defects, abnormalities, or malalignments of the structures involved. GAIT and biomechanical evaluations are done as required.
This is a hands-on assessment of the injured and surrounding area. It involves a bilateral comparison to the uninjured side. Your Chiropractor will use specifically designed tests to determine abnormalities or pathologies in muscles, tendon, ligaments, nerves, and bones.
Our Chiropractor will develop an individualized, injury specific rehabilitation program for you that will:
- Facilitate quick (within reason) yet effective recovery from injury
- Include exercises and stretches in order to re-develop and maintain mobility
Build functional strength to normalize imbalances and restore function. Help prevent future injury!